Sunday, July 8, 2012

First Day of Therapy

The first day of therapy did not go as well as we had hoped. After about an hour and a half, Timmie began to have fever, chills, and increased heart rate. They stopped ATG through the IV, and it looks like they will try again today. She is in her 7th surgery right now, and Dr. Carrol, our hero...I could write an entire blog about her greatness, is considering closing one of her three open wounds, probably the thigh since it seemed to be the least infected. Timmie is managing to stay positive, but she begins to feel overwhelmed if she looks very far into the future. She longs to put this trial behind her and go home to family and friends. Yesterday she reflected, "One day I will be able to take a bath. One day I will be able to walk. One day I will be able to see my friends." Trusting in the Lord's timing is often one of the hardest things to do. Bishop Farnsworth recommended that we read a talk from Kent F. Richards from April conference entitled "The Atonement Covers All Pain." It was such a comforting message, and we read it just two days after Timmie's nerve pain had peaked and we were struggling to get on top of it. Watching her suffer so much is the hardest thing I have ever done. We both found solace in the late and lonely hours of the night as I read his words by her bedside.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it's Danette here. I cannot believe this is happening. When I first heard what was going on it reminded me of when you had that random kidney issue. That was scary then and I am sure this being your kid was even far worse so my thoughts and prayers are with you. You are a tough momma and will make it through, hang in there. I will keep checking back so keep up the good work on blog!

    ReplyDelete